UPDATE -- Space Heater Left Unattended, Fire Destroys Mink River Road Garage
1/14/2014 5:00:00 AM
By Rick Jensen
UPDATE - Door County authorities say a space heater was left unattended in a garage on Mink River Road in Ellison Bay that was destroyed by fire Sunday afternoon. According to an incident report, the owner of the property left a space heater on and went into the house to watch a football game. He later noticed the garage on fire.
Sister Bay / Liberty Grove Fire Chief Chris Hecht says the call came in around 3:00.
The Egg Harbor Fire Department assisted. Fire fighters were on the scene a couple of hours.