Libraries are usually quiet, peaceful places. But that wasn't the case over the noon hour Wednesday at the Sister Bay branch of the Door County Library. Patrons had to clear out of the building at 2323 Mill Road after a light fixture exploded and started a small fire.
Sister Bay-Liberty Grove Fire Chief Chris Hecht says the fixture was one of several halogen lights that are used to provide uplighting. Hecht says the fire was small and firefighters put it out quickly.
"We were able to extinguish it with a fire extinguisher very quickly, we removed the fixture, and we're now working with the library to make sure the other fixtures are okay," says Hecht.
Hecht says the fire caused minimal damage.