By Terry Kovarik
A teenager whose family was left homeless by a Saturday morning fire that destroyed their home faces a costly career loss. Geneva McIntyre is studying to become a Certified Nursing Assistant through Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Her study materials were destroyed along with nearly all of her family’s possessions. McIntyre says while some of those materials are replaceable she may not be able to finish her course and that could be costly.
McIntyre plans to see whether she can get an extension on the timeline to complete her studies because of the circumstances.