News

Dog causes Gardner stove fire

An over eager dog may be to blame for a Monday afternoon fire in Gardner. The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department responded to reports of heavy smoke at the home on Gardner Bluff Road just after 4 p.m.  The fire on top of the stove was out by the time firefighters arrived, but they assisted in ventilating it. The blaze is believed to have started when a dog accidentally turned on the stove while trying to reach dessert bars located on it, slowly cooking them before they eventually ignited. A teenager in the home noticed the fire and was able to put it out. BUG Fire Chief Curt Vandertie says there are plenty of lessons to learn from the experience.

 

No injuries occurred during the fire and only minor damage to the stove and surrounding cabinetry was caused.

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

Will you follow the newest CDC guideline for vaccinated people to wear masks in public indoor facilities?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Sports Poll

Do you agree with Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers' decision to bring back Randall Cobb?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Get the latest news with our Daily Electronic Newspaper delivered to your inbox.

Get the latest updates for Big Deals delivered to your inbox every Monday, Wednesday & Friday.