News

Southern Door home a total loss

A stray spark may be to blame for a fire engulfing a home in southern Door County Wednesday night. Departments received a page at approximately 7:30 p.m. for a fire on New Settlement Road while many firefighters were tending to a blaze near Egg Harbor. Thanks to the help received from some departments in Kewaunee County and others released from the fire near Egg Harbor, there was plenty of personnel and equipment to help put out the blaze. Southern Door Firefighter Chuck Cihlar says it was likely a spark from a wood burner located in the home’s garage that started the fire.  If the fire had started at another time, Cihlar suggests the final outcome could have been different.

There were no injuries in the fire, but Cihlar believes only a few things from the home may be salvageable due to damage from flames, smoke, and water. 

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

Are you in favor of the development of a proposed quarry in the town of Gardner?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

How many games will the Wisconsin Badgers win this season?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Get the latest news with our Daily Electronic Newspaper delivered to your inbox.

Get the latest updates for Big Deals delivered to your inbox every Monday, Wednesday & Friday.