Door County has seen two high profile fires within the last month that originated from the chimney flue. A quick response was able to protect Sonny’s Italian Kitchen in Sturgeon Bay with minimal damage but a residence in Clay Banks was not as lucky. General Manager Nolan Paschke talks about what Sonny’s is doing to minimize the threat of another fire in the future.
Sonny’s deterrent of choice, powdered chimney cleaner, is easy to find and can be used in homes. The powder does not eliminate the need for chimney inspections and cleaning but it does help to reduce creosote buildup and makes maintenance easier.