News

Extension cord ignites Jacksonport Fire

An overloaded extension cord is to blame for a small garage fire in the town of Jacksonport Friday morning. It was around 2:20 a.m. when members of the Jacksonport and Egg Harbor Fire Department responded to the report of smoke coming out of the garage of a home located on Lost Lake Road. The extension cord, which had several things plugged into it, was located above the floor in the garage and started some of the contents inside the structure on fire. Jacksonport Fire Chief Tom Ash says there are some valuable lessons that came out of it.

The scene was cleared shortly before 3:45 a.m. Ash says there were no injuries in the fire and estimates there was about $5,000 worth of the damage.

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

How concerned are you about the new omicron COVID variant that has now been confirmed in the U.S.?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

How will the Packers close out the remaining five games after the bye?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Big Deals and more delivered to your inbox!