News

Testing supplies in good shape locally

Door County Medical Center is keeping up with the demand for COVID-19 testing in the area. It is good news for patients with possible symptoms of the virus after hospitals across the country including Advocate Aurora have had to close some of their community testing sites due to a lack of supplies. Approximately 20 percent of the tests are able to be processed at Door County Medical Center while the other 80 percent are sent to labs in Madison. Laboratory Director Jane Metko says the materials team at the hospital did an excellent job working ahead to make sure they had enough testing supplies and personal protective equipment.

The COVID-19 hotline has been kept busy with over 400 calls coming in one weekend two weeks ago, but Quality Director Nancy Daoust says many of the inquiries were for asymptomatic patients anxious to get tested.

 

Listen to the full interview here

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

Should the Senate confirm a new Supreme Court justice to replace the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

It's early, but are the Packers contenders or pretenders?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma

Obituaries

Bill Neuzil

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Get the latest news with our Daily Electronic Newspaper delivered to your inbox.

Get the latest updates for Big Deals delivered to your inbox every Monday, Wednesday & Friday.