Door County Medical Center announced Thursday that no visitors will be allowed at the hospital until further notice. Exceptions for a support person will be made in certain circumstances as long as they are not ill or have symptoms. Dr. James Heise at Door County Medical Center says the precautions are needed at this time due to the increased positive tests of COVID-19 in the area.
Door County Medical Center began allowing visitors again in June after taking precautions during the initial outbreak of COVID-19. Dr. Heise considers the bed availability at DCMC just fine right now as Brown County hospitals deal with capacity concerns. He emphasizes the importance of everyone doing their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19. You can read the press release from DCMC below.
DCMC Press Release: Door County Medical Center (DCMC) Institutes No Visitor Policy
October 1, 2020, Sturgeon Bay, WI- Visitors to the hospital will not be allowed effective immediately at Door County Medical Center (DCMC).
Effective immediately the hospital is instituting a no visitor policy.
The following exceptions will be made for support persons. The support person must not be ill and should be free of any symptoms. Masks must be worn at all times by the allowed support person.
· Obstetrical patients may have one support person.
· Pediatric patients younger than 18 may have one parent or guardian present.
· Patients nearing end-of-life: special arrangements may be made with the family spokesperson.
· Patients having emergency surgery may have one support person.
· Patients seeking emergency care may have one support person who is required to be in the patient room at all times; extenuating circumstances will be evaluated.
Patients are to present to clinic for appointment alone. The support person must not be ill and should be free of any symptoms. Masks must be worn throughout the entire visit.
· A clinic patient may have a support person accompany them only if assistance is needed.
Skilled Nursing Facility
Visitors to the skilled nursing facility will not be allowed. Prearranged courtyard visits and compassionate care visits are permissible at this time.