News

Faulty wiring causes Nasewaupee fire response

A Nasewaupee home could have suffered a lot worse than a melted electrical receptacle Wednesday afternoon.

 

The Southern Door Fire Department responded to the home on County S in the Town of Nasewaupee just before 2:45 p.m. when the homeowner noticed heat damage around an electrical outlet being used by a charger. Upon further review, firefighters found that some of the screws were not wound tight to the wire.

 

Southern Door Assistant Fire Chief Chuck Cihlar believes the bad connection generated enough heat to start the plastic on the electrical receptacle to catch on fire. He notes the fire never was enough to trip the electrical breaker, but it did provide a lesson for homeowners with old outlets.

Other than a little soot around the outlet and a damaged charger, there was no other damage and there were no injuries. Cihlar says crews were in and out in 15 minutes.

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

Should local municipality board and council members have the ability to vote virtually without having to attend in-person meetings indefinitely?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Sports Poll

If you were Packer GM Brian Gutekunst, would you make a big trade now that Za'Darius Smith is on injured reserve?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Big Deals and more delivered to your inbox!