Spring elections coming soon

Spring elections will be held on April 6 at the state, municipality, and school board levels, which can lead to confusion for voters who have recently changed addresses. For residents who have lived at the same Wisconsin address as their ID shows, they will need just a photo ID such as a driver’s license, ID card issued by Wisconsin, passport, student ID, uniform services card, or a Veterans’ Affairs ID. Door County Clerk Jill Lau says this is what they mostly see at the polls. 


Those who may be new to the area but still want to cast their vote may need to register to vote in Wisconsin or update their voter identification address. For these, one would need proof of residency. The proof often includes utility bills or a lease agreement. The residency requirement is 28 consecutive days at a current address. Lau states that residents can obtain a free ID card for voting purposes through the DMV. 




Anyone with questions regarding voter registration or obtaining an ID can contact their city or county clerk. Citizens can file applications for an ID at a local DMV Customer Service Center or 



Search Our Site

Current Weather




Should local municipality board and council members have the ability to vote virtually without having to attend in-person meetings indefinitely?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Sports Poll

If you were Packer GM Brian Gutekunst, would you make a big trade now that Za'Darius Smith is on injured reserve?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma


Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25


Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Big Deals and more delivered to your inbox!