News

Extinguisher saves Gibraltar hotel room

A fire inside a vacant hotel room in the Town of Gibraltar earlier this week is giving you more of a reason to keep an extinguisher nearby in your home or business.

 

Gibraltar Fire and Rescue shared the details of a Tuesday evening fire on Wednesday after having to cut their monthly Mid-Door training session short. An employee at the Cedar Court Inn discovered the fire in the single, unoccupied room and began using an extinguisher to battle the flames until firefighters could arrive at the scene before 6:30 p.m.  Thanks to the hotel employee’s efforts, an additional fire extinguisher and a little bit of water were all that was needed to finish the job.

 

Gibraltar Fire Chief Andy Bertges credits the quick action of the employee for helping save the structure. He added it was the second time this month where an extinguisher was used to suppress a fire until crews could arrive.

 

The Baileys Harbor, Ephraim, and Egg Harbor Fire Departments along with the Door County Emergency Services, Door County Sheriff’s Department, and Wisconsin Public Service also responded to the call.

 

Photo courtesy of Gibraltar Fire and Rescue

 

 

Search Our Site

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

CANCELLATIONS

Poll

Do you feel safe sending your kids out trick or treating this year?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Birthday Club

Sports Poll

As a fan, which NFL team do you consider the best rivalry for the Packers?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries are provided as a service of the

Schinderle Funeral Home of Algoma

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Big Deals and more delivered to your inbox!