Listen Live



Daily E-lert


Fire destroys Casco home

A log-cabin style, two-story farmhouse in the town of Casco is a complete loss after a fire Thursday afternoon. Fire departments from several communities in Kewaunee and Door counties responded to a fire call at E5905 County Road E shortly after 1 pm by the homeowner who escaped the building unharmed. Luxemburg Fire Department Chief Lew DuChateau says a MABAS call to other fire departments was made en route as the fire had already engulfed the first-floor windows and doors. He explains the challenges as units arrived on the scene.



As far as the cause of the fire, the homeowner informed DuChateau that he had heard a heat lamp pop in the front area of the house that sparked the fire that quickly spread throughout the lower level. DuChateau adds that firefighters stayed at the scene for over five hours to extinguish the blaze completely.  





Luxemburg Community Fire Department

Press Release 20220318-1


At 13:01 on Thursday 3/17/22, the Luxemburg Community Fire Department was dispatched for a fire in a cellar of a home at E5905 County Road E in the Town of Casco.

While firefighters were in route, it was communicated from dispatch that fire was coming out the front door and windows.   The fire was upgraded to a multiple alarm fire.

When firefighters arrived, they found a 2-story farmhouse with flames coming from the front door and windows, with smoke coming from the eaves of the 1st and 2nd floors.   Firefighters quickly extinguished fire in the front part of the home, while additional crews worked at extinguishing fire that extended to the 2nd floor and attic areas. 

The homeowner was home at the time of the fire, and managed to escape the structure.

Firefighters were on scene for about 6 hours.

There were no injuries.

The home sustained heavy fire, smoke, and water damage.  Red Cross was contacted to assist the home owner.

Responding fire departments assisting the Luxemburg Fire Department were Algoma, BUG, Casco, Kewaunee, New Franken, and Southern Door.  Denmark Fire stood by in Luxemburg incase of a 2nd alarm.  Luxemburg Rescue assisted on scene.

Cause of the fire is from a heat lamp being used in the front area of the home.


Chief Lew DuChateau

Luxemburg Community Fire Department




Search Our Site

Current Weather




Should Wisconsin have a law like Georgia that gives families of unborn children a tax credit?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll


Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25


Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Obituaries and more delivered to your inbox!