Listen Live

Podcast

Videos

Daily E-lert

News

Health scare a reminder for carbon monoxide detection

Regardless of the end result, Baileys Harbor Fire Chief Brian Zak wants you to take the necessary steps to protect yourself from potential carbon monoxide poisoning. Last weekend, the Baileys Harbor Fire Department was called to a retreat center on Maple Road in the town to reportedly 23 people getting sick. The initial thought was that it may have been related to the furnace and possible carbon monoxide poisoning. While there was no sign of the potentially fatal gas detected, Zak says it did show the importance of taking the necessary steps to protect yourself from the dangerous impact of carbon monoxide.

In the United States, at least 430 people die annually from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The Centers for Disease Control says the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning goes up as the temperatures go down.

Search Our Site

CANCELLATIONS

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

Poll

When will you file your 2022 taxes?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Obituaries and more delivered to your inbox!