News

Fire damages Mr. G's Supper Club

A fire caused substantial damage to Mr. G’s Supper Club in Jacksonport and closed Highway 57 for over five hours on Sunday afternoon.  Jacksonport Fire Chief Nathan LeClair told Door County Daily News that when his crews arrived at about 12:30 p.m., the outside of the building was on fire and that smoke filled the dining room, hallway and ballroom.  Over 5,000 gallons of water was used to extinguish the blaze.  No one was inside the building when the fire broke out, but one dog was rescued by a person who was passing by and checking to make sure no one was in the building.  LeClair says no cause of the fire has been determined yet.  Fire Departments from Jacksonport, Sister Bay, Egg Harbor Ephraim, Baileys Harbor, Gibraltar, Sturgeon Bay, Southern Door, Algoma, and Casco all responded with the scene being cleared shortly before 6 pm. 

Door County Daily News will have more details on the fire when they become available.

 

 

Search Our Site

CANCELLATIONS

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

Poll

How much are you planning to spend for Christmas this year?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

Have you watched any of the World Cup Soccer so far?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Obituaries and more delivered to your inbox!