Listen Live

Podcast

Videos

Daily E-lert

News

Sturgeon Bay resident displaced after apartment fire

A candle in an entertainment center is to blame for a fire in an apartment Wednesday afternoon. The Sturgeon Bay Fire Department responded to the fire shortly before 3:40 p.m. Sturgeon Bay Assistant Fire Chief Kalin Montevideo says thanks to the quick work of a neighbor, the fire was largely extinguished by the time firefighters arrived.

There were no injuries from the fire, but the affected resident will have to stay with her friend until other arrangements can be made. The American Red Cross of Wisconsin responded to ensure she had temporary housing figured out and the essentials she would need. Communications Director Justin Kern says this was the third time in the last year the American Red Cross of Wisconsin had responded to a fire in Sturgeon Bay, dating back to February when a blaze destroyed the building that housed Butch’s Bar and killed two people.

Search Our Site

CANCELLATIONS

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

Poll

Which plan for the Potawatomi State Park Tower do you support?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Sports Poll

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Obituaries and more delivered to your inbox!