Listen Live

Podcast

Videos

Daily E-lert

News

Conveyor belt ignites feed at Forestville farm

You can’t judge a book by its cover and firefighters put that phrase to good use Thursday night with a fire they responded to in Forestville. The Southern Door Fire Department responded to a blaze on Salona Road a little before 9:30 p.m. The call came as a silo fire, but firefighters were thankful to see that flames were located outside of the structure whether than inside of it. Southern Door Fire Chief Rich Olson says that dramatically changed their strategy upon arrival.

Olson blames a hot bearing on a conveyor belt for igniting the feed that had spilled over. Firefighters from the Brussels-Union-Gardner, Algoma, and Sturgeon Bay Fire Departments assisted on the call which lasted approximately 45 minutes and used 1000 gallons of water. Other than what was done to the conveyor belt, there was no other major damage and nobody was hurt as a result of the fire.

Search Our Site

CANCELLATIONS

Current Weather

STURGEON BAY WEATHER

Poll

Has the unseasonably warm winter changed your outdoor activities for the better?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

Obituaries

Click Here for more Obituaries

Obituary posting fee is $25

Sports Poll

Newsletter

Sign up for our Daily Electronic Newspaper!

Plus, Get the latest updates for Local Sports, Obituaries and more delivered to your inbox!