You could see a number of changes this winter depending on the vote of the WIAA Board of Control on Wednesday.
Travis Wilson from the Wisconsin Sports Network outlined a number of the changes that basketball could see depending on how the vote goes.
- Add two D1 teams to state tournament— Travis Wilson (@travisWSN) June 21, 2022
- Re-adjust division cutlines for better balance
- Allow shot clock in non-conf games pending agreement by both head coaches
- Allow up to 16 teams in in-season tourneys (currently 8)
- Schools vote Dec. 1 to seed region or half-bracket
Other sports will likely be discussed when the commitee meets Wednesday.