The Sturgeon Bay Common Council moved forward on some old business and a new development agreement for a planned housing project for single-family dwellings.
The development agreement was unanimously approved for a west-side housing proposal by Joe and Paul Shefchik. The 24 new homes would be priced from $270,000 to $305,000 and be built on 5.5 acres of land on South Hudson Avenue and the south ends of Fulton and Geneva Avenues.
Two-second readings of ordinances were approved. One was for the rezoning of land at 1605 Shiloh Road from Agricultural (A) to Light Industrial (1A), allowing Mueller Towing to put up a building for the storage of outside equipment. The other second reading was to repeal the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Board and the Parking and Traffic Committee to recreate a single entity called the Local Transportation Board.
In a city financial matter, the council approved resolutions to approve the sale of about $3.1 million in General Obligation Promissory Notes and declaring official Intent to reimburse expenditures from proceeds of borrowing needed by Sturgeon Bay Utilities for a Clean Water Funding Project for a Biosolids Storage Facility. Sturgeon Bay Utilities General Manager Jim Stawicki noted the reimbursement of project funds is needed for a Biosolids Storage Facility to meet future DNR and state requirements.
Before the business meeting, the council received an update on the Teweles & Brandeis Granary Project. Sturgeon Bay Historical Society Foundation President Laurel Hauser says the bidding timeline for “Phase 2” of the project would be completed by August 30th with construction beginning October 20th with completion by July of 2024.